Sunday, January 9, 2011

City Hunter Dramatic Master CD

This is one of many cd's that accidentally fell into my collection.  They had come with a bunch of cd's I didn't want, but had to get them if I wanted the specific one.  Of the bunch, I tried this and liked it.  I try a lot of cd's without regards to the show they belong to.  I'm quite glad I did, which got me to ordering some others from this series.  All other cd's I had, had no hand to grasp me.  The series is a old, but that is what makes it good.

1.ANGEL NIGHT~天使のいる場所~
2.WHAT'S GOIN' ON
3.ゴーゴーヘブン
4.NO NO NO
5.FOOTSTEPS
6.EARTH~木の上の方舟~
7.SUPER GIRL
8.STILL LOVE HER(失われた風景)
9.CITY HUNTER?愛よ消えないで~
10.MR. PRIVATE EYE
11.終りのない傾き
12.SARA
13.GIVE ME YOUR LOVE TONIGHT
14.PARTY DOWN
15.GET WILD

The entire cd is not all that great. What first grabbed me was, What's Goin' On sung by Kohiruimaki Kahoru.  She is spunky.  The song is jazzy as is all of the cd and most of the era's music.  I like the lyrics, even though I don't understand theme, and the upbeat tone of it.  She also sings track 9, which has her starting off at the wrong beat, but I like the bluesy lyrics. 

Go GO Go, number 3 is a fun song as well.  I don't like male vocals, but for this it was ok.  It's the high pitches they do, makes them less of a man.  Like track 11, another male vocalist, sounds like he can't sing, but the song is good.  I like how it fades out. 

Footsteps, is a nice short english song.  Even though the songs are in English, they're sung by the seiyuu.  Give Me YOUR Love Tonight is my other favorite.  It's those lonely city nights songs.  You can tell that she's japanese by the way she pronounces the words.  Like she's reading the English words in Japanese.  Party Down, is like the title says, composed by Koh Ohtani, and the vocals actually perfect the English tongue.  Mr. Private Eye, starts with a drama, which is annoying, I just want to hear the song.  Lyrics are great, and a fun beat to it.

That's all that I can talk about.  The rest on the cd don't have the same atmosphere as the ones I mentioned above.  Some are techno, which is out of place with the theme of the series, and others are like girlish anime songs. 

A cool cd to obtain.  An A- for the quality of the cd, good amount of songs, and the overall fun of them. 
4/10 for the package- cd cover is normal, booklet has no real extras, and artwork doesn't stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment